WILD MOVEMENT CAMP OUT - WINTER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS - Saturday 13th - Sunday 14th JULY & possible overflow 19th & 20th
Do you love our Nature School and Wild Child Program?
Imagine an overnight experience at Wild Movement Perth these School holidays.
Get back to nature, spend time with your family and enjoy this one of a kind experience with Steve (Wild Man) and other members of the Wild Movement Community.
What to expect?
- cooking over the fire (byo marshmallows)
- night time games in the jungle gym
- guided earth skills and bush craft
- tribal warfare games
- philosophical discussions around rewilding
- camp out in your own tent/swag
- bacon and eggs breakfast in the morning (optional)
- technology detox (photos allowed all phones on aeroplane mode)
- plenty of free time to play in the jungle gym and practice earth skills.
Saturday/Sunday 13th 14th
(Possible overflow if needed Saturday/Sunday 19th 20th)
3:00pm Saturday - 11am Sunday
Wild Movement Perth 439 Sydney Road Gnangara
WHAT TO BRING
- Tent for you and the family
- Sleeping gear etc
- Water Bottles
- Food and snacks for you and the family (welcome to cook over the fire)
- eating gear (plates knifes etc)
- Appropriate clothes for the weather (we will be in a primitive shelter)
- Bushcraft tools such as knife, small saw, hatchet etc (not necessary)
- Camping for 2 -$200
- Camping for 3 - $$270
- Camping for 4 - $320
- Camping for 5 - $350
- strictly limited to 20 spaces
- if the first camp fullly books up we will open up the second date (19th - 20th)
Via text or email
Text : 0431535992
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE MAKE A BOOKING VIA TEXT OR EMAIL BEFORE PURCHASING TICKETS TO CONFIRM YOUR SPOT
WINTER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS PROGRAM - NATURE SCHOOL - Monday July 8th - Friday 19th
DETAILS OF EVENT
Wild Movement Perth's Nature School is an attempt to recreate some of the conditions that children would have experienced and lived in throughout the past 300,000 years of Homo Sapiens evolution.
Anthropologists report that children (once old enough to spend large amounts of time away from their mother) become part of a "playgroup" and are not expected to provide, or do a large amount of serious work until their mid to late teens.
Children naturally learn and teach themselves through observation, play and exploration. Due to the fact that we now live indoors in small nuclear family's disconnected from nature, children no longer have the ability to observe, play in and explore natural environments like in the past.
At our Nature School children will not be told what to do or be given a series of activities that they must complete, they will however have the opportunity take part in any activities that may be happening on the day.
Within Nature School we have ELEMENTARY SCHOOL which is based on the elements Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Movement. In Elementary School children have the opportunity to learn practical skills related to each element.
EARTH - make string/rope, weave a basket, identify edible plants, make and use a bow and arrow etc.
WATER - make a water proof drinking container, make a wooden burn out bowl for boiling water in, learn how to purify water etc.
AIR - build a primitive shelter, make sandals, make primitive sunscreen etc.
FIRE - make a fire by friction kit, prepare and start a fire, fire safety etc.
MOVEMENT - learn, practice and develop practical natural movement skills such as climbing, jumping, balancing etc.
Each week there will be different activities and opportunities for the children to learn through:
- playing and exploring the outdoor jungle gym (crawling, climbing, balancing, jumping, games, etc).
- practicing nature connection skills in the primitive bush-crafting shelter (cordage making, basketry, fire by friction, weapon and tool making, etc).
- lending a hand next door at Woodstone Organic Farm (planting seedlings, preparing soil, harvesting fruit & vegetables, feeding animals, etc).
- identifying and foraging edible and medicinal weeds next door at Ellenby Tree Farm (dandelion, chickweed, wild lettuce, etc).
- philosophical discussions about humans place within nature and how we fit in as well as ways that we can responsibly interact with it.
- endless free time to interact with children of all ages in a natural environment.
The children's own curiosity, imagination and interests may lead them to take on personal projects of their own such as making a bow and arrow, weaving a basket etc, these projects can be taken home and brought back each week to be worked on if guidance and or assistance is needed.
Children will be encouraged to spend time out in nature in order to draw inspiration for and find materials for their projects such as feathers, sticks, rocks etc.
At the moment it is required to have at least one parent or guardian present for each child or group of children.
Wild Movement Perth - 439 Sydney Road Gnangara.
Wild Movement Perth's Nature School is situated on private property linked with Woodstone Organic Farm and Ellenby Tree Farm.
$30 for 1 child
$50 for 2 children
$70 for 3 children
$100 for 4 or more children
(please book via text or email)
Purchasing a ticket does not count as a booking please TEXT or EMAIL the date that you wish to book in for THANK YOU :)
Numbers are limited to 20 children per day, however we may increase this in the future.
We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Our Nature School Program is often fully booked this allows time to fit others in.
Cancellations due to bad weather will not be accepted. If you book in for the Winter School Holidays expect the possibility of being a little cold and wet.
Our Nature School is currently for ages 4 and up.
Children under age 4 are required to stay with their parents if older brothers and sisters are attending the nature school.
EDIBLE WEEDS WORKSHOP - Sunday July 28th
Re-awaken the hunter gatherer within you and go straight to the source by learning how to identify, harvest and consume some of the many edible weeds growing in your own backyard.
One thing we all have in common as humans is the need to eat. Up until yesterday we were very connected to where our food came from and understood how to acquire it.
Food that you have hunted, gathered or grown yourself is always more meaningful and more enjoyable than food which has been delivered to your door in a box.
After attending this workshop you will be capable of gathering enough edible weeds for you and your family that you will never need to shop for greens again.
Arrive at Wild Movement Perth and make yourself comfortable among the trees. Receive your very own info graph of 25 edible weeds that grow in your local bio-region.
Learn the basics behind foraging for edible weeds before heading out into the field to begin learning how to identify and consume them.
To finish up we will get to sit down and enjoy a community meal that has been harvested and prepared by everyone on the day.
439 Sydney Road Gnangara
11am - 2pm
WHAT TO BRING
- foraging basket
- bowl & fork
Steve - 0431535992