At Wild Movement Perth we assist people of all ages to connect with nature through exploring and interacting with natural environments. You will learn natural movement skills, identify and harvest wild plant foods, expose yourself to the elements and develop a deep understanding of how living in line with the laws of nature is fundamental to human health.
Learn and master the major movement patterns that are specific to our species in order reconnect with and reclaim some of your true nature. Crawl, walk, run, jump, vault, climb, lift, carry, throw, catch, drag and balance. It is not just about doing the natural movement patterns like crawling or climbing etc, but using them as a way to reconnect with your body and understand your place within nature.
All of our sessions take place in natural environments surrounded by and connected to nature.
We believe that the most nourishing movement takes place when fully immersed in nature and exploring wild environments. Unfortunately not all of us have the time, freedom or movement skills necessary to break free from civilization to get lost deep in the wilderness. Fortunately there are little pockets of nature scattered all around us, we would like to help you to find, discover and explore them with confidence. Or even better join us on one of our Wilderness Adventure Days.
Where to start?
If you suffer from "Nature Deficit Disorder" the Wild Movement Lifestyle Principles are a great place to start.
Wild Movement Lifestyle Principles
1) Connect With Nature & Get Daily Elemental Exposure.
2) Move Like a Human.
3) Eat Like a Human.
4) Drink Pure Water.
5) Sleep Like a Caveman.
6) Optimize Your Habitat / Environment to Meet Your Body's Biological Expectations.
7) Practice Mindfulness & Take Response-Ability For Your Actions and Re-Actions.
8) Follow What Excites You & Become a Student of the Natural World.
9) Become a Generalist Instead of a Specialist.
10) Constantly Review Your Beliefs & Paradigms.
11) Become Part of a Community & Share Your Unique Gifts.
12) Play Often & Enjoy the Journey!!!